Saturday, June 14, 2008

Maui Trip 2008

We had such a great time in Maui last year, before Sophia was born, that we decided to go back. So we packed up (everything that Roxy could fit in 2 luggages) and headed to Maui for 6 nights. It was Sophia's first time on a plane. Luckily we got some great advice on traveling with an infant from our friends Alex and Jackie and Doug and Yen (who are experienced travelers with kids). We had her pacifier and juice ready for the take off and landing. We had heard that was one of the toughest parts of the trip for an infant. Having something for her to suck on or drink helped relieve the cabin pressure. And it worked because she didn't cry at all. Roxy and I were nervous since we didn't know how Sophia would behave during the trip, but she did really well.

In Maui we stayed at the Kapalua Villas. It was a beautiful Oasis with all the home amenities that one would need, especially traveling with an infant. This second trip to Maui we traveled with the Banh family. It was a really fun trip for all of us. We ate so much good food and also got some color. Doug and I were able to play golf at the famous Kapalua Plantation course while the wives got spa treatments. The kids loved the beach and the pool at the hotel. The worst part of the trip was the numerous mosquito bits. They seem to only attack me (Erick). I guess I'm just sweeter then everyone else...haahaaa. Here's a couple of pictures of our villa and our time in Maui.





Sophie loved the pool...







The Banhs and Us enjoying the famous shaved ice from Maui





Kids enjoying dinner entertainment...that means the adults can enjoy quiet dinner





Spending time at the beach...




Dinner on the Sand and sunset...







5 comments:

Steve and Glenda said...

Great pictures! Looks like good times. Sophia, looks sooo cute! I just love her smile. Little jet-setter. Where to, next? Maybe she can take her nina along. hee hee
G:)

domlee said...

Looks like everyone had a great time!

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures. Check Sophia out...in her bathing suit and her luau outfit...she's too cute. We're glad you guys had a fun and relaxing time.

The Messick's

Daddy Alex said...

Glad you guys had a good time and that Sophia wasn't too difficult on the plane. I've seen some real monsters on planes and I feel so bad for the parents who try endlessly to calm their kid down to no avail. I looked through like 500 pictures sent by Yen and it seemed like it was such a fun trip. We love Sophia's bathing suit.

The Gudinos said...

Looked like you had a wonderful time on Sophie's first adventure away from home. She looks extra cute in her hawaii brown dress. I love that picture with all of you in brown. One day I hope we can all go on vacation too. You've got a special girl and she's got wonderful parents.